Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Something I had forgotten...

This is a post I had made at AuCaDo on May 23rd, and somehow it did not get mentioned here of all places...

For Sudan:

Default Sudan, Nov 06 - May 08

As many of you know we have Colbert who is our adopted foster, and we have Kenya who is his littermate and our current foster. There were 5 puppies in the litter, Kenya, Chad, Sudan, Zambia (Colbert) and one other that is now Rusty; they were all named after African countries (why you name corgi mixes after African countries and not say counties in the UK I will never know). All were physically abused, tortured, and feral; making them all painfully shy, evasive, and anti-social.

Sudan was the last one to go into a home, she went just recently, a few months ago, after nearly a years worth of patience and love at Pet Helpers.

Yesterday or today she got out and was hit by a car. She did not survive. And even though she wasn't even my dog and I never worked with her, I am crying while I type this because I know the pain she was in just by fostering two of her siblings. To spend most of your life afraid of human contact and not knowing the joy of a belly rub, being sacked out on the couch or a good round of fetch. It hurts to know that someone could do what they did to one puppy never mind all 5.

But I know that she isn't scared anymore, scarred, in pain, or unhappy.

Much love to you Sudan.


In an update to this posting, Kenya is still looking for a home, all she needs is some patience and love.

---------------------------------

Now, anyone want to adopt a cattle dog?

No comments: